Established in 1949, Keele University has remained dedicated to their core mission; providing the highest quality education and cutting-edge research to improve lives and address the most pressing societal issues, both in the local region and around the world.
The results speak for themselves. Keele consistently ranks in the Top Ten for student satisfaction and overall study experience based on feedback from students themselves. The unique campus environment allows you to live safely and securely, surrounded by friends, classmates, support staff and academics in the vibrant Keele community.
A Green University
As the climate crisis is one of the most urgent issues the world is facing, Keele is dedicated to sustainability and environmental research. They have invested £1.2 million in carbon reduction with an aim to be carbon neutral by 2030. In 2021, the University was named the Global Sustainability Institution of the Year (International Green Gown Awards, 2021).
With a focus on student satisfaction and creating unparalleled study experiences, Keele is a socially responsible University with a campus environment that truly nurtures and supports students to achieve their potential.
Why study at Keele University?
- Britain's best university, as ranked by students (No.1 in the UK, Student Crowd University Awards, 2022)
- Global Sustainability Institution of the Year (International Green Gown Awards, 2021)
- Top 10 in England for overall student satisfaction (NSS 2021, broad-based public universities)
- Top 10 in England for student satisfaction (Guardian League Table, 2021)
- 80% of our research was classified as world-leading or internationally excellent (Research Excellence Framework, 2021)
- Law at Keele has been ranked in the Global Top 100 for International Outlook (Times Higher Education World University Ranking by Subject, 2023)
- UK Top 3 for postgraduate business courses (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey, 2019)
- UK Top 10 for the research opportunities offered to postgraduate students (Postgraduate Research Experience Survey, 2019)
- 96% of our graduates were in a job or further study 6 months after graduating (Higher Education Statistics Agency, 2017)
- TOP 10 in England for nursing (Complete University Guide, 2022)
- 96% graduate employability (HESA, 2017)
- Keele has a global community of over 100,000 alumni in 162 countries