Foundation in Law
The law degrees at Keele are informed by research and offer a critical approach to legal education in an enriched, inclusive environment, involving a range of professional activities and support. You will be able to go on to train as a solicitor or barrister following graduation, or prepare for a legal career of your choice from a range of options.
Find Out More
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- English Legal System
- Legal Skills, Analysis and Discourse
- Research Skills
- Constitutional Law
- Business Law
- Principles of ICT
Keele University boasts a purpose-built moot court room allows you to practice the art of legal argument by presenting cases in a realistic courtroom setting. Mooting enables you to develop research, drafting and advocacy skills as well as building your confidence to work under pressure in a fast-evolving environment.
The Law School runs its own internal mooting competition but also trains and supports you as you take part in regional, national and international competitions.
- Global top 500 for Law (THE World University Rankings, 2022)
- Work placement opportunities to explore various law-related professions (not guaranteed – subject to visa and availability)
- Accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board
96% of Keele graduates were in a job or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE, 2017).
Graduates follow diverse careers, including climbing to the highest reaches of the legal professions, going on to further study, or following successful careers in a wide range of other professions.